Monday, January 5


Car Research and Pricing at Edmunds.com  

    One of the ways I was able to obtain new car pricing was to use a new car pricing service like Edmunds or Yahoo Cars, where you search for a specific model and get some pretty straight up prices you can take to the dealer. I went shopping last week and with my information in hand, knew right away the difference between a good price and a bad one.

   I went to one of my local Hyundai dealers and looked at both a fully loaded and base 2013 Elantra GT. I like the look and utility it provides, with about 50 Cubic feet of storage with the back seats down. There is also an available optional storage compartment under the rear floor on the high end optioned models. Gas mileage is usually overstated, but it would still beat the one I have now.

Stealth Auto - World Class Automotive Accessories

   With my pricing and information in hand, I approached a car I was interested in. The salesman must have seen me coming, and asked if I was buying or looking. I told him it would depend on if I found what I wanted at the right price. He helped me find a couple and I sat in a lower end model then the top of the line loaded one. Of course the leather one was more comfortable.  He asked if I wanted to drive one and I said no. I went inside and he asked me the standard questions, whether I was trading something in and if would I need financing. I stayed deliberately vague, saying I haven't decided. I ended up leaving without getting close to the price I was willing to pay. They called me several times over the weekend.
   When buying a new or used car, you should check not just the model history, but the specific vehicle history. Services like Check Your VIN can tell you about previous accidents, service records, flood and reconstructed titles, things you definitely want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment